Amy Louise Williams @nunnwilliams

Amy is an enthusiastic (amateur) cook, cake baker and eater.


Swadders: What's your earliest memory ?

Amy Louise Williams: Falling off a lilo into the sea in Ibiza. My mum was talking to someone and didn't notice for ages. I couldn't swim as I was very small. Sounds very dramatic but it wasn't really.

Swadders: Oh my ! That sounds like quite an exotic holiday destination for a child. Do you still holiday there ?

ALW:  No that was the only foreign holiday we ever took when I was little. After that it was the Lake District and Cornwall every year, can't remember much else about that holiday. Ibiza in the 70's must have been very exotic indeed.

Swadders:  I came from very humble beginnings and my first holidays weren a caravan on Canvey Island. But at least we got holidays. So where do you holiday now you're are all grown up ?

ALW: I still try to squeeze in a little jaunt to Cornwall though, it's one of my favourite places. Off there on Saturday as it happens.

Swadders: You lucky young thing. I love it there also. I once went on a ghost walk around St. Ives. Funny enough with a group of Croatians in tow. So you like to bake. What's your speciality ?

ALW: I try to bake, I'm no pro. I make a good Ginger Parkin, it's a traditional Yorkshire ginger cake. I cook a lot too.

Swadders: Are you from Yorkshire ?

ALW: No, my Dad is though. He moved to Stoke-on-Trent to attend art college and never left. That's where I grew up but I live in Wales now.

Swadders: Are you artistic ?

ALW:  Sore point. I have a degree in fine art but have sort of turned my back on my arty side. I may go back to it one day.

Swadders: Does your Dad still indulge ?

ALW: Indeed. He paints a lot of landscapes these days. He taught water colour painting a few years ago to a class of retired people.

Swadders:  That's splendid. Do you have any of his work on display at home ?

ALW: But of course. I have some lovely paintings of Cornwall he's done and a skyline of Stoke-on-Trent.

Swadders:  Does he have any work online ? I'd love to see it.

ALW: No he's not very 'with it' in a computer sense (he is 71) but I will happily send you some images.




Swadders: That would be most kind. Do you have a favourite 70's sitcom ?

ALW: Ha Ha great question, maybe Rising Damp or The Good Life. I can't decide between them.

Swadders: Ah fantastic. I once had a short game of dominoes with Frances De La Tour on a train to Torquay.

ALW: Wow I'm impressed.

Swadders: What would you be hoping to do over the next five years ?

ALW:  Maybe I should go back into doing something creative as my current job holds very little inspiration for me.

Swadders: What do you do ?

ALW: I work in the education department of a science centre.

Swadders:  So what would you love to do for a job ? Or would you rather sit at home all day watching ' Escape to The Country ' ?

ALW: I'd like to do more with food. I'd really like to run a little deli selling lovely cured meats & cheeses and the like.

Swadders:  Super. I have an excellent pair of ribbon cutting scissors should you ever open such an establishment.

ALW: Well I would probably invite an aristocrat such as yourself to perform the opening ceremony.

Swadders: I have my fingers crossed. Amy ... Thank You.